TIFFCOM in 2019 Outline
Date:Oct 22rd (Tue) – 24 th(Thu) in 2019
Venue : “Sunshine City Convention Center”, Ikebukuro, Tokyo
TIFFCOM, the affiliated multi-contents market of the Tokyo International Film Festival, will once again be held with the Tokyo International Music Market (TIMM) and the Tokyo International Anime Festival (TIAF), under the umbrella of the Japan Contents Showcase. For 16th TIFFCOM, the number of exhibitors has broken the all-time record. And the number of overseas exhibitors has increased 110.8% from last year (as of Sep.11) while the TIFFCOM grew up as contents market to represent Asia, and moreover the Tokyo Olympics & Paralympics in 2020 have been big effect. There will be influential buyers not only from Asia but from all over the world because of the characteristic market which a wide variety of content holders are gathered from various industries. JCS has provided chances to making new business opportunities through the seminars, events, networking parties, and of course business meetings.
Featured Projects in 2019
“CHINA DAY” will be held on the first day and Mr.Yuya Ishii, Japanese film director, will take the rostrum in a Chinese Seminar ! Two pavilions from China have participated for the first time, and this positive fact boosts the number of Chinese exhibitors. Specifically, 87 organizations have participated, an increase of approximately 6 times from the previous year (14 exhibitors in 2018). In addition, “Film Co-production Agreement between the Government of Japan and the Government of the people’s Republic of China” was signed last year, TIFFCOM set the first day, October 22 (Tue), as “CHINA DAY” as a first attempt to promote further collaboration. On that day, there will be scheduled two seminars arranged by China and “TIFFCOM Welcome Party” jointly held with China. Also, we are pleased to announce that Mr. Yuya Ishii (Film director of “The great passage” and “Machida-kun no sekai”) will participate as a panelist in one of two seminars, titled “Sino-foreign Communication of Film and Television”.
IP Book Adaptation
There were a big response and success of last 2 years, it will be made strengthen the plans to focus on IP (intellectual property), Book Adaptation (the picturization rights of the book) this year in JCS to active of second use of the contents for remaking and commercialization.
The multi-content market Japan Content Showcase 2019 will also include various B-to-B seminars. Held as the MPA/DHU/TIFFCOM Masterclass Seminar & Pitching Contest aimed at young Japanese filmmakers. Prominent producer John Kuyper, active for many years in Hollywood, will share insights at the seminar as well as panel discussions, they will include talks on the current situation of industry development, exchange of creative experience and future cooperation trends featuring Chinese and Japanese film and television creators and the new strategy through the jointly certified work between Japan and China. And more.
TIFFCOM/TIAF: 10.22 Tue~10.23 Thu
(TIMM: 10.28 Mon~10.29 Tue *10.30 Wed : Showcase Live Only)
Ikebukuro: Sunshine City Convention Center (Shibuya: SHIBUYA EXCEL HOTEL TOKYU for TIMM)
TIFFCOM Seminar Schedule
- Introduction of investing in jointly certified work between Japan and China and shooting studio complex in Qingdao
■Date & TIME
Oct.22 (Tue) 10:30-12:00
Win in China! New strategy through the jointly certified work between Japan and China
Li Ruodan Speaker Director of the Planning and Development Division of Qingdao Lingshan Bay Film and Television Bureau
Xiaofei Wang Speaker Beijing Sparkle Roll Media Co. Ltd. Planning Director Bofeng Jiang Moderator WeF Cultural Investment media Co., Ltd.
Through the conclusion of “Jointly certified work between Japan and China” treaty, national companies of Beijing and Qingdao in China starts the aggressive investment business to an authorization work and recruits the cooperation production partners. Also we introduce photography studio complexin Qingdao City, a subsidy system with the facilities use. Please participate in a new trial to enable to get income depending on the investment ratio in China by all means.
WeF Cultural Investment media Co., Ltd.
■Date & TIME
Oct.22 (Tue) 14:00 – 15:30
- Introduction and recommendation of Chinese exhibited films and TV dramas
- A Docutainment Studio Show Featuring Top Chinese National Treasures
- Forum (Theme:Sino-Foreign Film Co-Productions)
14:25 – 15:10
- The Presentation of STVF & SIFF includes the brief introduction, main events and Co- production platform of Shanghai TV Festival and Shanghai International Film Festival
15:10 – 15:20
- The Presentation of Shanghai Film and Television Production Services Institution 15:20 – 15:30
– Moderator Xiaodong Gu, Chinese Producer
- Speaker Xiaodong Gu, Chinese Producer
- Speaker Lei Yu, Producer & Chief Director of The Nation’s Greatest Treasures
- Panelist Yibai Zhang, Chinese Director
- Panelist Jianya Zhang, Chinese Director
- Panelist Yuya Ishii, Japanese Director, Producer, and Scriptwriter
- Panelist Chiaki Noji, Chief of China Regional Office of Shochiku Global Business
- Speaker Jennifer Zhao, Market Dept. STVF & SIFF
- Speaker Chen, Forum Dept. STVF & SIFF
- Speaker Zhiqing Yu, Director of Shanghai Film and Television Production Services Institution
- Introduction and recommendation of excellent Chinese films and TV dramas
- The Nation’s Greatest Treasures is a popular factual entertainment propramme.In each show celebrity champions the treasure by visiting museums, and plays a role in a theatrical piece,exploring its intriguing history and value.The significance of the treasure’s heritage for modern day is discussed by a relevant specialist. Viewers then vote online with the result unveiled in our dramatic final episode.The winners are displayed in a special exhibition at the Forbidden City. With 2.2 billion requests On TV and video portal sites, and over 5 billion Pieces of online comments.The show became an instant TV and cultural phenomenon.
- Forum (Theme: Sino-Foreign Film Co-Productions)
- The Presentation of STVF & SIFF includes the brief introduction, main events and Co-production platform of Shanghai TV Festival and Shanghai International Film Festival.
- Shanghai Film and Television Production Services Institution provides free services of consultation and coordination for groups of all sorts to produce films and TV serial in Shanghai. The first launch of services include 116 items, containing the consultation about policies and information, and the coordinative services, such as the venue for view finding, filming equipment, post production, special filming, props, costumes, make up, scenery, vehicles, insurance, legal affairs and promotion.
1.The State Council Information Office of the People’s Republic of China
1.National Radio and Television Administration
2.CCTV Entertainment Channel & CCTV Documentary International Media Co.Ltd
3.The State Council Information Office of the People’s Republic of China
3.National Radio and Television Administration
4.Shanghai International Film & TV Events Center
5.Shanghai Film and Television Production Services Institution
- MPA/DHU/TIFFCOM Masterclass Seminar & Pitching Contest
■Date & TIME
Oct 23 (Wed) 10:00 – 13:00
Motion Picture Association (MPA) Digital Hollywood University (DHU) TIFFCOM
Masterclass Seminar & Pitching Contest is held in order to develop in overseas expansion for young filmmakers. In the Masterclass Seminar, we invite Vans Stevenson and Jon Kuyper. Vans Stevenson has been in charge of public relations, marketing, and administrative measures in the film industry for over 40 years.
Jon Kuyper has been involved big-name Hollywood films such as “MAD MAX: FURY ROAD” “THE GREAT GATSBY” ”Hobbit” ”Hunger Game” and many others. In the pitching contest, a trip to Hollywood and other prizes will be given to winners.
■First Session: Masterclass Seminar
SPEAKER: Vans Stevenson SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, STATE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
SPEAKER: Jon Kuyper PRODUCER
■Second Session : Pitching Contest
5finalists will compete for the following awards.
- Invitation to FILM IMMERSION COURSE IN L.A. MPA will give winner an award of Film Immersion Course in L.A. The winner will be invited to
Hollywood for networking with studio executives, entertainment lawyer, and talent agents.
- Invitation to Pitching Event at Asian Pacific Screen Awards
The winner will be invited to MPA APSA Academy Film Fund at Asian Pacific Screen Awards and pitch the project. The Fund supported The Academy Award for Best Foreign Picture, Asghar Farhadi’s “A Separation”.
- FOCUS ON ITALY : The film production environment enhancement and the overview
■Date & TIME
Oct 23 (Wed) 15:30 – 17:30
Title, Outline and Speakers :TBD