Selected projects for Venice
· Da Ming Treasure Ship, 1905 Pictures, China, Prod: Luo San, Writer: Chen Yugang – Chen Chen, a ten year-old boy living with a tribe on an isolated island on the Indian Ocean longs to see the world. But as he finally gets the chance to do so, great troubles entail.
· Diplodocus, Human Ark, Poland, Prod: Anja Sosic & Maks Sikora, Dir: Wojtek Wawszczyk – a warm-hearted family animation about a young dinosaur who, searching for his parents, finds his own place in the world.
· Dust to Dust, Zeng Zeng Media, China, Prod: Cheng Rui, Writer & Dir: Zeng Zeng – Xiaoshu’s father dies in a car accident. When she discovers at his funeral that he was actually murdered, she decides to take her own revenge.
· Honeymoon Jungle, Alcatraz Films, Wild Bunch, France, Prod: Laurence Clerc, Writer: François Renaud Labarthe – a comedy about a young, freshly married Chinese couple flies to Uganda for what they wrongly think will be the perfect honeymoon.
· Ivory Love, Yunnan Lucent Pictures, China, Prod: Yang Yuming, Writers: Si Da, Xia Ziyue – a story about breaking social norms, about love and hate between three generations of Chinese and French families throughout 100 years of history along the Vietnam-Yunnan railway.
· Kinkaseki, Bright Cold Day Films, UK, Prod: Peter Smyth, Writer: James Leighton – a compelling true-life thriller about a man whose quest for vengeance threatens to destroy him.
· Lezioni di Italiano, Dauphine Film, Italy, Prod: Roberta Manfredi, Writer: Alberto Simone – a famous young violinist comes to Rome for a major concert. He meets a young Chinese chef who is trying to find her breakthrough in the world of high cuisine. During a magical night, their encounter will change their lives forever.
· My Team vs. Real Madrid, Juben Pictures, Prod: Luna Wang, Zhu Li, Writer: Han Jinglong – a toilet salesman accidentally invests in a La Liga football team in Spain. When he receives an invitation to watch his team play, together with his childhood friend, his puppy love and silver spoon kid, he embarks on a hilarious and curious trip to Spain.
· Qingdao, Eikon West, Germany, Prod: Katarina Cvitic, Writers:Ulrike Zinke, Adrienne Bortoli – the story of a forbidden love interwoven into the events of the Boxer Uprising in 1900 in China.
· Secret of the Blue Dragon, Norsk Superfilm, Norway, Prod: Kjetil Omberg, Dir: Stig Svendsen – three Norwegian families go together on a holiday to China and their children try to save an elephant sanctuary.
· Springtime for Baihe, Chengdu Guangxin Le Chuang, Prod: Wu Jing, Writer & Dir: Huang Li – a mother released from wrongful imprisonment goes on a journey to look for her son in the Netherlands.
· The Sea Monster Who Couldn’t Swim, Maipo Film, Norway, Prod: Synnove Horsdal, Writer: Karsten Fullu – an animated family adventure about one sea monster’s lonely quest to save his world from being discovered by humans.
· Via Indipendenza, 96 (fomer title Live Again in Italy), Handcraft Films, China, Prod: Zhang Siyu, Writer: Lei Yahan – a Chinese boy and girl, who are in Italy to escape from their past, fall victim to a mafia-run trap.
Selected tutors for Venice
· Alex Jia, Shanghai New Culture Pictures, China
· Kate Leys,
· Marilyn Milgrom, UK
· Shu Huan, China
· Yuan Yuan, China
· Andreas Eicher, Lightburst Pictures, Germany
· Rikke Ennis, TrustNordisk / Zentropa China, Denmark
· Martin Gondre, Indie Sales, France，
· Ulf Israel, Senator Film Produktion, Germany
· Ben Erwei Ji, Reach Glory, China
· Charles Lei, Thunder Communications International, China
· Leontine Petit, Lemming Film / Hamster Film, Netherlands & Germany,
· Wu Sisi, Jetavana Entertainment, China